• Advertisement

98 holden rodeo TFS 2.6L petrol w/shop manual

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Re: 98 holden rodeo TFS 2.6L petrol w/shop manual

Postby kcsoft » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:13 pm

oops... foot in my mouth

DODO!!!
i thought the S was for Sensor....
i'll shut up now. lol
kcsoft
Isuzu Master

City: B'Berg
Vehicle: 1993 MU 2.8Td

HID Spotlights, Stock suspension, Stock Wheels, custom roof cage on rola racks.

R.I.P. Shane. please people stop smoking!

Postby sails » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Hi Guys,
well I collected the car from the mechanic this afternoon and it is going great. First time it has lit up the tyres for a long time!! :o
It was a collection of issues, mainly to do with the sensors, vacuum hoses and injectors.
He redid the injectors and said they were not real bad, but it was worth having them done.
He found a split vacuum hose on the VSV - pressure regulator which was allowing it to suck air, and he found the air flow sensor dirty. He replaced a couple of hoses and cut off the ends of others to find good rubber.
He checked the plugs, leads, distributer cap timing , all OK. Also re adjusted the idle mixture and that was that.!!
Turnturn, well done buddy, you were on the money with your suggestion.
Pig75 you were right also about the TPS being a switch, not a sensor. I was thinking of it as a sensor and was looking for its values. The Gregorys' autofix w/shop manual I have refers to it as a switch.
Pig75 and kcsoft, thanks for the input; I appreciated your help and suggestions.
I heard a term the other day about "running out of ability". While it was not to do with cars, it fits this instance, as the complications of fuel injection and emission controls are things that I have not had to grapple with previously. I was at the end of my ability, especially without a decent manual.!
Keep up the good work guys, it is great to have blokes like you that are willing to take the time to share their knowledge to help someone they only know via a forum. :D

cheers
sails
sails
Isuzu Baby

City: Sydney
Vehicle: 1998 Holden Rodeo TFS 4ZE1 4 x 4

Postby 251098 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:40 pm

hi how did u go with your problem, i had a simeler problem i found the tps in different adjustments caused it to surge ,but moving it the other way gave me more power and better fuel ecconmey.i paid $93 from bursons automotive for the tps just to be sure,but havent been able to get proper settings for it ,it has been trail and error
Isuzu Baby

City: melbourne
Vehicle: 1991 holden rodeo 4x4 single cab

Previous

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion