• Advertisement

CRACKED THE OIL RELOCATOR PROBLEM!!

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

CRACKED THE OIL RELOCATOR PROBLEM!!

Postby haven » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:35 pm

just had a good yarn with a fabrication company today about making an adaptor plate to fit the the mu 2.8 oil filter block to allow an external cooler and alternative oil filter/location...

with the filter block off the vehicle i removed the filter, the crappy oil cooler below it which leaves the block as pictured in the photos..
the company will be making a tubular plate to slide over the central spline and cutting down the central spline and tapping the inner or outer diameter to fit a 90degree fitting and the plate housing will have a fitting drilled and threaded into the side, basically exactly the same as a regular sandwich plate but to suit the mu thread and its not a sandwich plate but an actual relocation plate. they have offered to build me a prototype of this model and once we assemble it to the block and pressure test it for weaknesses it will be available for larger production if people are interested...

depending on how we finalise it the catch will probably be that you need to cut and thread your filter block to suit the item, however it will shorten the height of the filter block from the exhaust by an easy 15cm's allowing you to run any universal oil relocator and cooler with the suitable threads for the plate....

i have purchased the following oil relocation kit, the easiest way to use this would be to simple remove the central filter block spline, machine the diameter down to suit the filter plates diameter and thread it to suit, then the whole kit will simply screw on as is intended. the only problem here would be if the diamater of the housing/oil seals is smaller than the mu filter blocks and then it will not seal and the above mentioned fabrication plate will be required...

should have this up and running in around 3wks, will def keep you updated...
for all those interested in running an oil filter in a decent spot and a good oil cooler, feel free to post up here your interest and start saving your pennies for when i can supply a few out to the people that want them....

peace!
rosco
haven
Isuzu Guru

City: adelaide
Vehicle: 1992 mu

Re: CRACKED THE OIL RELOCATOR PROBLEM!!

Postby mattmannz » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:45 am

Nice work.
mattmannz
Isuzu Master

City: Wellington
Vehicle: 3.1TD Bighorn manual LWB

Postby haven » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:53 pm

oil relocation kit and oil cooler arrived today, ironically it has the same thread as the mu filter thread once the adaptor fitting it removed so no customation required what so ever. just gotta cut the filter thread a bit shorter and extend the thread with a thread die...

looking for a machinist to do this otherwise ill just buy the 50$ die and do it myself and offer modifying other peoples...

will keep you updated once i fit it...
haven
Isuzu Guru

Postby isumu » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:42 am

Any news on the oil filter relocator?
isumu
Isuzu Baby

City: SYD
Vehicle: 91 Isuzu Mu, 2.8D

Postby haven » Sun May 29, 2011 9:24 am

yea mate, theres a new thread about it giving a step by step...
haven
Isuzu Guru

Postby 4x4SWANNY » Mon May 30, 2011 1:17 pm

Could ya put a link on here for the step by step thread or is this it..?
Oh well, can some one hook up the winch i cant open my door !!!!!!!!!
4x4SWANNY
Isuzu Senior

City: Waimate
Vehicle: Long wheel Base 93 ubs69 3.1 bighorn
33x12.5 rto3s 15inch off road. 265x75 16s on road.
9,000 winch, Customers bars all round including twin pipe Rock sliders
Front Guards and up over back wheels.
custom snorkle, Top mount 2nd alt above A/C pump
pro 530 AM CB, Etrex GPS Handheld UHF
TOOLS; 80 mtrs winch ability including winch cable, 2x snatch blocks. Snig/drag chain.
Lowerd front diff, Custom Ali front bash pan, Custom Gearbox to Mid Cross member Bash plate.
Rear trailing arm bracing.
Raised spare wheel holder. Highlift jack mount on back door.
Reinforced tank bash plate.

Postby haven » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:26 pm

the way my setup is running required no fabrication what so ever, merely extending the thread on the central spline the whole way down the shaft.

here's the link for the other thread anyway...

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2451
haven
Isuzu Guru

Postby geeves » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:16 pm

I also bought this off of someone on this forum and i bitched at him for packaging it with stupid bubble wrap (not the one you pop when your bored like with lots of circles) that basically popped.... everything was flying around inside and he sent me the injectors in little plastic baggies 2 of which fell out of or lets me rephrase that ripped the zip lock bag and were basically flying around in the box. I knew i should have kept the paypal claim open because i sent him pictures etc and he says no i never got them....

Pm me with the members username and I will try and sort this out
thanks
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby haven » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:01 pm

"I also bought this off of someone on this forum and i bitched at him for packaging it with stupid bubble wrap (not the one you pop when your bored like with lots of circles) that basically popped.... everything was flying around inside and he sent me the injectors in little plastic baggies 2 of which fell out of or lets me rephrase that ripped the zip lock bag and were basically flying around in the box. I knew i should have kept the paypal claim open because i sent him pictures etc and he says no i never got them....

Pm me with the members username and I will try and sort this out
thanks"

what are you on about geeves? lol. wondering if you accidently posted this in the wrong place?
haven
Isuzu Guru

Postby Captcol » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:44 pm

I think the post that was quoted has been deleted as I read it awhile ago
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Postby geeves » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:44 pm

A case of someone who shouldnt of been on our forum. Initially I had to query his response in case it was genuine but then slightly dodgy pointed out anouther aspect of the spammers post which I had missed As a result the spammer and all his posts disappeared but not my replys. I will leave this here a few days so all can read my folly then delete all the off topic posts from this thread
opps
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion