• Advertisement

How to improve performance of 4fc1 diesel trooper

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

How to improve performance of 4fc1 diesel trooper

Postby MAXRPM » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:10 am

Newbie here and I hope I am not posting in the wrong section and if I am my apologies, I have an Isuzu 1986 trooper that came with a gas engine and I was able to adapt a 4FC1 diesel engine, according to an information that I gathered from this engine is a 1.9L Turbo, as of now I am doing the build on this engine and I'm going to bore the block out to 2.0L with new pistons and rings, I would like to ask you guys if there are any other options for a bigger turbo than the stock and if I also add a lift pump to pump more pressure to the injection pump and injectors, is this going to help? I am trying to make it a little bit more peppy and modified it so it can not be so slow,,, any other suggestions that you guys can tell me to modify it for better performance please I am all ears, txs ahead
MAXRPM
I'm only here for the information

City: San Francisco
Vehicle: Isuzu trooped 1986 diesel engine 4FC1 engine

Re: How to improve performance of 4fc1 diesel trooper

Postby pig75 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:17 am

I would be be spending the money on a different motor
The 4FB1 is a 1.8L
The 4FC1 is a 2.0L
The 4FD1 is a 2.2L
I would be looking for a Isuzu C223 from a Chevrolet LUV. As they were also fitted to the jackaroo in Australia and this is the same body as the trooper
92 MU, 91 MU ute, 90 MU, 96 Wizard, 14 MUX,2019 Dmax LSU
Australia's loudest MU
MY SITE MY YouTube SPL 152.3dB
If beef is in beef mince, What is in pet mince?
pig75
Site Admin

City: QLD
Vehicle: 90MU, 91MU ute & 92MU, 96 Wizard, 2014 MUX LST 2019 Dmax LSU

Postby geeves » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:41 pm

I would more likely look for the 4Ja1T They are more common in the States and a much newer engine. Have a search for the posts by WBSKI007 He has one in a Rodeo running biofuel and tows a big caravan with it over some huge distances
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby MAXRPM » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:51 am

I know that there are more choices out of your neck of the woods, I live in the US, but This trooper I have it in central america, when I go on vacation I drive it, but I do not want to go fancy trying to install a newer engine and most likely I will not be able to get one there or here in the US,,,on this side on the pond, we are very limited on 4 cyl diesel, sorry I did not bring this up from the begining on my post, , I am sure it will be a nice isuzu to drive around there and use the 4 wheel drive option`,, labor in Central America is cheap, so doing the build on this engine is not a problem, they do have isuzu dealers,,, so do you guys think I can bore this block out to a 2.2 L using the pistons and rods from a 4FD1???any more suggestions from you guys will be appriciated you guys are great,,, I have always love diesel and I have a high peformance car here in the US 1.9L VW TDI Golf that I built up myself, and I tripled the power it is close to 300HP with 500 ft of torque, but when it comes down to Isuzu diesel I am lost, by no means I am trying to get this Isuzu to race but it would be nice to get a litlle more power out of it,,, do I need to tweak the pump and Injectors??? txs again for your replies,..any more will be welcomed
MAXRPM

City: San Francisco
Vehicle: Isuzu trooped 1986 diesel engine 4FC1 engine

Postby pig75 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:45 am

This might help
4fc1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
92 MU, 91 MU ute, 90 MU, 96 Wizard, 14 MUX,2019 Dmax LSU
Australia's loudest MU
MY SITE MY YouTube SPL 152.3dB
If beef is in beef mince, What is in pet mince?
pig75
Site Admin

City: QLD
Vehicle: 90MU, 91MU ute & 92MU, 96 Wizard, 2014 MUX LST 2019 Dmax LSU

Postby skintnuckles » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:04 am

where can i find parts and tech data for the 4fc1 engine . thx
skintnuckles

City: burnet
Vehicle: mazda b2200

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion