• Advertisement

post ur engine bays...inspiration needed.

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

post ur engine bays...inspiration needed.

Postby haven » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:00 am

hi guys,
im thinking about pulling out the motor of my 92 2.8l mu and tidying up a few leaks, making some space and hooking up a front mount, snorkel, oil relocator and aluminium radiator while im at it...
haven't been able to find an evaporator anywhere so im thinking i might just remove a/c system and mount fmic where condensor is.

would really appreciate it if you could throw on some pics of your engine bays, what you've done, how youve intercooled/snorkelled your vehicles, etc.

cheers.
haven
Isuzu Guru

City: adelaide
Vehicle: 1992 mu

Re: post ur engine bays...inspiration needed.

Postby LittleBuddha » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:24 pm

Give me a week or so mate, I am in the process of mounting a frint mount IC and a bullbar - I bought the FMIC on this site but fitting is not as "plug and play" as it may first be reported, clearly it fit because the guy I bought it off had it on a 91 - I was about to post a thread re: what do some engine bays look like as I wasn't sur eif there was a difference between 91 and 92. My front mount (ally) should mount up with A/C intact - I spent the whole day stuffing about but will give you all the pics I can once done - I have plenty of work to go but I reckon most of the thinking is done - that's what we all say isn't it!!! I am wonderingt about making space once I get snorkel thought out a bit more - gees there is some space taken up with airboxes on the inlet side - some must be for condesation, water outlet (but what's the point of a snorkel if you have all of these airboxes with little holes in the bottom anyway...???). Other thing with the IC mounting is the vaccuum hoses that plug in to the (what is it called - box with the turbo label on it??). Do these vaccuum hoses do anything - obviously there is some form of gate inside that boix that shifts so what happens when I remove the hoses? Block em off, let em run free? So many questions on what is probably so obvious to so many people!!
LittleBuddha
Isuzu Baby

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: 1992 MU, 3" suspension lift, 2" body lift, 2.8 diesel

Postby LittleBuddha » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:30 pm

In the mean time look up viewtopic.php?f=8&t=691 andrew is the guy I bought the front mount off and it should fit up the same once I've made some mounts etc (though the top radiatior hose, air intake hoses and a/c are proving hard to get around). The one thing I have thought is that removing a/c would make absoluely buckets of room - it aint just the condensor - there's hoses everywhere and they are right where you need make space for your front mount pipes on the drivers side. Keep you posted. PM me if I get lazy.
LittleBuddha
Isuzu Baby

Postby muzila » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:44 pm

If your going to take your AC out why not just remove all the pipes thats in the way and turn your AC pump into an air compressor and have onboard air as well.

Just a thought.
muzila
Site Admin

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8 TD Mu

Postby LittleBuddha » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:27 pm

muzila wrote:If your going to take your AC out why not just remove all the pipes thats in the way and turn your AC pump into an air compressor and have onboard air as well.

Just a thought.

Been a while, days turn to weeks turn to months...You are on the money with getting rid of AC and if I wasn't moving back to Cairns I'd yank it however that's where the trail leads. I have managed to mount the intercooler and it's a good fit (I will post pics soon this time) however the plumbing continues to be an issue, the pipes supplied (home made) will always sit on something - AC, radiator. It's not much but enough to loose confidence in the truck in a remote area, something, somewhwre will wear through and we all know where that's going to be. I am on the hunt for some form of flexible hosing I can use. The real issue is that once th FMIC is fitted you are pretty much committed as the grill is all chopped up to fit the intercooler and the main stay (removed) between the chasis and the top cross piece that mounts the bonnet latch needs the support provided otherwise the bonnet doesn't really want to shut, no real turning back from here. AC gone and it all looks a lot easier but still not simple. I'll gte the pics up so this all makes sense.
LittleBuddha
Isuzu Baby

Return to Engines and Exhaust