• Advertisement

Lifting an auto

For all suspension modifications

Lifting an auto

Postby amber » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:17 am

Ive got to the stage where my tyres won't pass the next warrant so am looking for a new set of tyres. Considering going up a size from the current 265/75/16 (31.6) but think I need to lift it. Is 2" lifting an auto 3.1 mu the same process as in the FAQ section manual ones. What do you have to do with the gear selectors? Anything else I should know?
amber
Isuzu Baby

City: Nelson
Vehicle: 95 Isuzu Mu

Re: Lifting an auto

Postby amber » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:36 am

Actually come to think of it, what's the point in going to all that trouble to go from 31.5 to 32 or 33" when all I gain is 3/4" more clearance over the ground. Wouldn't I be better to go for new springs with 2" raise in them and raise the front 50mm with ball joint flip? I am aiming for more clearance under the auto transfer case which is blimin low with the bash guard on it and right in the middle of the wheel base.
amber
Isuzu Baby

City: Nelson
Vehicle: 95 Isuzu Mu

Postby geeves » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:29 pm

the 33 inch tyres give you an inch more under the rear diff. This is the only way to get that. The lift gives you more clearance in the other places. A combo of both gives you everything
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby slightlydodgy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Have 45mm box and engine lift now have nothing below chasiss rail and as mine is used for farm use dont have the bash plate either its sitting under the bench waiting to take the hump out of it. am shifting to a farm on the bushline next season so I'd better get on with it
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Return to Suspension