• Advertisement

Fitting injector pump and timing.

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Fitting injector pump and timing.

Postby Lagwagoning » Fri May 29, 2015 8:49 am

Attempting to get my brothers rodeo going again after the injector pump was rebuilt.
The pump was removed by someone else and unbeknown to me, removed with the "|" notch on the inner hub of the pump gear lining up with the marker on the timing cover. (The one visible when small cover removed)

Stupidly I have not checked that engine was at tdc and fitted the pump lining up the "0" notch.
Bled all the fuel lines etc for a good half an hour and she wouldn't fire then decided the timing was the issue and seeing the engine wobble whilst cranking confirmed this.

So now I'm back to square one.
Do I set engine at tdc, line up the pump timing gear "0" notch with cover notch, or like the bloke who took the pump out, use the "|" notch?

Or is there more to it, do I need to take the front pulley and timing chain cover off and start from scratch?

Regards
Stan
Lagwagoning
Isuzu Baby

City: Perth
Vehicle: 2001 2.8 Rodeo

Re: Fitting injector pump and timing.

Postby stardog » Sun May 31, 2015 11:12 am

The 2.8 have timing gears not a chain .
This might help you out
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Re: Fitting injector pump and timing.

Postby Lagwagoning » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:01 pm

Thanks, that makes sense now.
So can I set the timing correctly now by taking the belt pulley off, set engine at tdc and line up the 'v' and 'vv' marks on the cam and pump gears?
Or do I need a dti gauge and fiddle withy pump settings?

Regards
Stan
Lagwagoning
Isuzu Baby

City: Perth
Vehicle: 2001 2.8 Rodeo

Return to Engine