• Advertisement

96 wizard woes

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Re: 96 wizard woes

Postby stardog » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:27 pm

Got side tracked with sticking back doors took the covers off and sprayed the inside mechanicals with silicone spray open and close good now.
put multi meter on glow plugs all working as they should still getting smoke on start up bugger found turbo gets very hot just driving around the block and still leaking from the oil return gasket and is noisy time to put one of my other turbos on it.
Dam I hate changing turbos on these engines going to be some cursing tomorrow if a different turbo don't fix the smoke on start up and turbo whine when boosting.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Postby stardog » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Played with the injector pump and fuel delivery screw and adjusted the idle screw no more smoke yea will so how it starts in the morning see if it smokes then.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Postby stardog » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:32 pm

Given the wizard a test drive no more smoke screen behind me people didn't stop 20 meters behind me either at the stop lights because of the smoke and it powered up a couple of big hills around here no smoke and it has some get up and go.
Time for a VB a hard earned thirst cheers
stardog
Isuzu Deity

Postby stardog » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:40 am

Thought I had it fixed back to smoking again so of to diesel mechanics going to get them to install a new injector pump and injectors I have spare and tune it.
I just don't have the spare time to do it with work at the moment.
Should only cost for labor so shouldn't be to much I hope.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

Postby stardog » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:12 pm

Turned out the middle band on the turbo was loose any way changed the turbo with new gaskets put on intercooler as well all good now.
No more smoke pulls like a train and is going good happy days.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

Previous

Return to Engine