• Advertisement

Hot start issues (revisited)

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Hot start issues (revisited)

Postby CptClinac » Tue May 21, 2019 9:02 pm

Hi guys,
My 4JG2 is not stating at all nicely when warm. It starts well when cold.
Once running, it runs well and stops well.
The fuel solenoid is getting plenty of juice when the key is turned, but there is NO click or 'feel' when power is applied/removed.

OK. so my question is based on a few youtube vids I have seen of people pulling the solenoid off the pump. One is particularly worrying where the innards of the solenoid come out when the sol is unscrewed from the pump. Is this an issue? Are the bits & bobs captive? I have tried to search for details of our particular pump but not found much.

Also after replacing do I need to bleed the injector lines.

Please share your experiences. I really don't want to take the whole pump out.

Thanks
Dave
CptClinac
Isuzu Baby

City: christchurch
Vehicle: Isuzu Bighorn 1996 3.1 turbo diesel. But I never let her get her feet wet !!!

20 ft Pelin Caribou trailer sailer. (full masthead rig). I can't stand up in her ! 8hp Yammy longshaft outboard.

Re: Hot start issues (revisited)

Postby isuzurob » Wed May 22, 2019 3:49 pm

Has the solenoid and inside that there is a spring and needle, that sits into a seat to stop the fuel, nothing will fall into the pump, if the spring and needle stay in the pump, use a magnet to get it out
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Re: Hot start issues (revisited)

Postby CptClinac » Thu May 23, 2019 7:23 am

Thanks Rob.
Coming your way in a few days, actually.
We are (1/2 time) house sitters and have one in Taupo starting 27th. No garage or workshop facilities at all at this one. Don't fancy doing that solenoid outside, under heavy trees, on a steep slope in Windy Welly. And with MY eyes I would drop that spring and then be up a particular creek without my trusty outboard.
I think I'll get a can of ether to help me over the next few days and sort it out next week.
Dave
CptClinac
Isuzu Baby

City: christchurch
Vehicle: Isuzu Bighorn 1996 3.1 turbo diesel. But I never let her get her feet wet !!!

20 ft Pelin Caribou trailer sailer. (full masthead rig). I can't stand up in her ! 8hp Yammy longshaft outboard.

Return to Engine