• Advertisement

2.8 Filter numbers?

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

2.8 Filter numbers?

Postby wgripp » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:38 am

Good afternoon!!!

I have a 1991 Isuzu MU (imported from Japan) with the 2.8L turbo diesel engine.

I've searched the forums for the answers to the following questions without success.

First, I cannot find the part number for the oil filter anywhere. Can anyone be of assistance?

Also, I've been told the part number for the fuel filter is 8941720296. Can anyone confirm this is the correct part? I've been able to find this online for $175. Not only is that a bit pricey, but I'm worried a filter that old will be dry rotted. Is there a high-quality aftermarket filter that I can use instead? Earlier today, I used the part number to get a filter from NAPA (an auto parts store in the US), but the replacement part they stocked was not even close to the original. I assume either (a) this is the wrong part number OR (b) the part NAPA gave me is for a 2.8 turbo diesel used in another application such as a forklift.

Furthermore, I've been told the part number for the air filter is 8943820631. Again, can anyone confirm this is the correct part? If I order a new-old-stock part, I'm worried a filter that old will be dry rotted. Is there a high-quality aftermarket filter that I can use instead?

Thanks for your help!
Bill
wgripp
Isuzu Baby

City: Montana
Vehicle: J-Spec 1991 Isuzu Mu (aka Isuzu Amigo, aka Opel Frontera)

Re: 2.8 Filter numbers?

Postby geeves » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:19 pm

Is your filter straight up and down or angled. Straight up and down is most likely in which case its a fram z402 or equivalent. Ive seen a Purelator number so you shouldnt have trouble getting one
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby wgripp » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:28 am

Geeves,

Thank you for your help. I ordered the following items:

https://www.milneroffroad.com/isuzu-mu- ... 588/001588

https://www.milneroffroad.com/isuzu-mu- ... 281/009281

They should arrive later this month.

Thanks again!
Bill
wgripp
Isuzu Baby

City: Montana
Vehicle: J-Spec 1991 Isuzu Mu (aka Isuzu Amigo, aka Opel Frontera)

Postby geeves » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:05 pm

You have to order from UK? I would of thought you had Isuzu nkr small trucks over there with the same engine
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Engine