• Advertisement

Vacuum tubes

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Vacuum tubes

Postby CptClinac » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:58 pm

Not to be confused with the glass bottles that used to make your radio sound nice... (Those were the days)

Hi All,
I have a 4JG2 which developed a rattle. Traced it to the fuel filter bracket which seems to be about to part company with itself.
I notice there are 2 large pipes That are not connected to anything poked behind a clip on the back. Also a smaller one (with a connection barb) floating in free space at the base of the filter assembly.

So 2 questions. 1/ Anybody have any ideas about where the pipes go and what they do. 2/ Where is the info on vac?? plumbing connections and routing.

Thanks
Dave
CptClinac
Isuzu Baby

City: christchurch
Vehicle: Isuzu Bighorn 1996 3.1 turbo diesel. But I never let her get her feet wet !!!

20 ft Pelin Caribou trailer sailer. (full masthead rig). I can't stand up in her ! 8hp Yammy longshaft outboard.

Re: Vacuum tubes

Postby CptClinac » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:40 pm

Me again.
Just traced one of the larger pipes. It seems to go the the front diff housing. Vent pipe seems likely.
:D
CptClinac
Isuzu Baby

City: christchurch
Vehicle: Isuzu Bighorn 1996 3.1 turbo diesel. But I never let her get her feet wet !!!

20 ft Pelin Caribou trailer sailer. (full masthead rig). I can't stand up in her ! 8hp Yammy longshaft outboard.

Return to Engine