• Advertisement

Problem 3.1 Turbo

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Re: Problem 3.1 Turbo

Postby stardog » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:04 pm

My turbo really whistles boosting up but made few noises last weekend shutting down i always use the turbo timer on shutdown any way i bought brand new turbo for $930 delivered on ebay arrived today says from japan but came from taiwan bought stuff from them before all good but doing a bit of upgrading at the moment and thought thats cheap for new turbo just building up spare parts for when i need them in the future never know when you need them over easter fitting the diff lokka in the front and good service ready for a trip up north in july- august taking some long service leave hopfully have every thing ready by then.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Re: Problem 3.1 Turbo

Postby cyberbeej » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:37 pm

i can relate to your little swirl noise on turn off, my bighorn (road car)has been doing that for about 8-10 months and i figured something was up so when i bought an engine from the breakers a made sure i got it with the turbo so i ended up with a spare from the old engine, seem like you guy's down there pay a lot for new turbo's or was that just a isolated case?
should really fit the turbo timer i've had sitting for years, just don't know where to start, is there a thread about it on here that i've missed?
cyberbeej
Isuzu Baby

City: Dalry
Vehicle: 97' trooper, 3 inch lift, and 96' bighorn

Previous

Return to Engine