• Advertisement

MAU5-C Gear Ratio

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

MAU5-C Gear Ratio

Postby heller34 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:14 am

Hey guys, dont know if this is the right place or not but i need to know the gear ratios of all the gears in a MAU5 C transmission out of a 1st gen izuzu trooper. Can anyone help me? thanks! -Dave
heller34
Isuzu Baby

City: stockton
Vehicle: 95 izuzu

Re: MAU5-C Gear Ratio

Postby geeves » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:11 am

mua.jpg
why do you need to know?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby heller34 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:56 am

Awesome! Thank you! And its a weird situation but I'm using it in a pulling lawn mower that im building and it is powered by a 81 suzuki gsx750 with the transmission. So bassically i need to figure out what gear combination is going to work best for me, if that makes any sense lol thanks again!
heller34
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:14 am

Photos please.
Sounds an intersting project although I would of thought you would want a much lighter gearbox
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby heller34 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:07 am

Will upload pics when I am working on it this weekend. and maybe i am mislead on my information about what transmission it actually is. i bought it from a guy who had started the same project but was unsuccessful so I got the motor and trans and rear end from him and built my own. All i know about it is that it was out of an Izuzu Trooper and i believe it was 2 wheel drive. Im not particularly up to date with my Izuzu info lol so I just searched around for a bit and ended up here. Is there any identification numbers on the transmission that would help me to determine what it is?

Thanks for all your help!
heller34
Isuzu Baby

Return to Drive train, Steering and Suspension