• Advertisement

2007 rodeo check 4wd light

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

2007 rodeo check 4wd light

Postby nznick » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:38 am

Hi team i have my 4wd check light on, has been on since my gearbox went back in for the 2nd time (new clutch failed within 30km) , have check all loom wires from fuses to plugs, all fine no breaks, , im thinking the transfer controller needs a manual reset / re start , took it to the local dealer for a obd2 read, there scanner couldn't access the transfer controller, hence making me think it needs a manual re start, had the battery off for 48hrs and de charged the system as told by a sparky, still no luck, been reading the manual for the model before and it tells you how to do a manual re set by shorting pin # to pin # , but my tc is a different one , it only has a 12(ish) port plug, the manual has a 30 something type plug

any ideas<
nznick
Isuzu Baby

City: Palmerston north
Vehicle: 2007 holden rodeo 4x4 d/c wel side with arb winch bar

Re: 2007 rodeo check 4wd light

Postby isuzurob » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:39 am

make sure the wiring with the bullet terminals is the right way around, everyone gets them back to front, if they are ok you will need to rest and retry, you cannot talk to the transfer control module with tech2 holden should know that, you need to hold in 2h and 4l button on the dash and turn the key on keep holding buttons for almost a minute, the 4x4 light should flash and rest, remove fingers from buttons and turn the key off
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby nznick » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi rob can you explain on the bullet terminals abit more? all my harness will only plug in one particular way... so it seams
Tryed the buttons with no luck, just the red neutral light flashes at me no matter how long i hold the buttons
this thing is doing my head in now..
cheers Nick
nznick
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:35 pm

Is this the same as later sotf and tod bighorns?
If so the button on the dash activates a motor which drives the shifter to 4wd and tells an ecu to flash the light. Then it sends a signal to the vac solinoids on the front diff which activates the dog clutch in the axle which activates another switch which tells the ecu to make the light steady. This is a highly simpified description. I can send you the 10 page version from the manual.
My money is on a vac hose coming off the diff
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby nznick » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi greeves
Mine isnt a Vac actuated, looks to have a electric solined instead, all the hoses are just breather hoses, as i thourght it was vac controled, im pretty sure my 06 was as it had a vac solineod bank on the fire wall, this one doesnt , could you filck though that document please
cheers Nick
nznick
Isuzu Baby

Return to Drive train, Steering and Suspension