• Advertisement

Chinese air locker test result.

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Chinese air locker test result.

Postby mudgrip4 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:43 am

About 4-5 months ago I fitted a chinese air locker from JamesW on this site to my 88 bighorn - this club truck has a 4" lift and runs 33s. Have since done about 12 tracks, time enough to give this locker option a good workout over some tough terrain and to run it continually for periods of time.

I am pleased to say the air locker has performed extremely well and has never missed a beat in this time. Has been 100% reliable - switch it on, switch it off and it works perfectly, delivering major traction increase. Have previously run aussie lokkas and I like them - but the low price and good performance of the chinese air locker gives now another sound selectable locking option for club trucks.

James, so far as I know, is offering these lockers at near cost - about $1100 in New Zealand where they normally retail at about $1599. He has also offered to fit the units free into diffheads, a service which usually costs about $350NZ. Price includes wiring, switches and compressor plus locker. James can update this information as needed.

Have waited to give this air locker a good workout before commenting, but after using it on a dozen trips/tracks am happy to recommend them as a good reliable unit to isuzu club members. It has had no issues at all and could not ask for better than that. To have a selectable option at this low price is a big plus.

I think its rear only at this point. Wonder what it would cost to send them to Oz?
mudgrip4
Isuzu Junior

City: christchurch
Vehicle: 1996 3.1 Bighorn lwb

Re: Chinese air locker test result.

Postby MARKx4 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:04 pm

It is good to see that we have options. Have you given it more of a work out and how is it going now.
MARKx4
Isuzu Junior

City: sydney
Vehicle: 92 MU

Return to Drive train, Steering and Suspension