• Advertisement

Blue Mu

Show us your Rig!

Re: Blue Mu

Postby MrRevhead » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:20 pm

I like the blue! But I also like the stock blue!

Mines pinkish :lol:
MrRevhead
Isuzu Guru

City: Nelson
Vehicle: 93 MU 2.8

Postby rancidpunx » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:50 pm

Changed the Mu up a little after the wrap started to fail. Basically the creases that run around the middle of the doors the wrap had started to bubble in places. Initially I lived with it even though it looked quite daggy thinking I had stuffed up the application. What actually happened was the printed blue layer separated from the glue layer. The glue is still stuck down nice and conformed so I didn't stuff it up after all. I found this out after the car got run into and I had to repaint a bit of the rear quarter and fix the dent. When I removed the wrap I found the issue. The company that sold it to me were apologetic and I have a credit with them for the doors as I am sure I will wrap something else in the future. I could redo it but after pulling the wrap off of the rear quarter it removed some paint so pulling the doors up just to rewrap them might not be great if more paint is removed. The wrap does not hide panel imperfections.

I decided I would tape up the creases and cut out the dead stuff with a razor blade and paint it matte black. I was happy with the results but also made me want more stripes so I have done some on the bonnet as well lol. I laughed at how well it turned out. Will do the roof at another time. Pretty sure I have picked up 50hp or so with these stripes.

Also I ahve always wanted an 8-Ball shifter

Next thing to make is a billet grille for the front and maybe some angel eyed headlights.
rancidpunx
Isuzu Baby

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: 92 Mu 2.8TD & FPV GTR

Postby topgun94 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:21 pm

the stripes breaks it up a bit. Like it alot better now. And all the extra HP would be worth it.
topgun94
Isuzu Senior

City: BRISBANE
Vehicle: 1991 ISUZU MU. 4JB1T, Boosted, Intercooled, MIG front locker, Rear LSD, Reduction Gears, Stock Height but 33" muds

Postby geeves » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:17 pm

looks different. At least its not flames although they can hide all manner of paint mistakes
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby rancidpunx » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Got round to making a billet grille for the Mu Mu. Was just something really to pass a Sunday arvo and turned out pretty good.
First job was to cut out the original grille and smooth the cut marks.

Line up the billets and make sure it was all even. Basically used a threaded bar and some spacers to line it all up and then use nuts on the end to hold it all in position.

Sand and paint

And all done

Also saw some aftermarket angel eye headlights. Had to get them from the states but they were cheap so also got in a night wiring harness with ceramic plugs for the new halogen bulbs as well a harness for angel eyes.

Wired it all up and gave them a test run. LOL ******* useless. Oh well at least I have some spare headlights.
I did find a company in China that have a angel eye type product that I could dick around with. They are silicone tubes with LEDs running through them sealed and waterproof. Much better and adds some more character to the old girl.

Next job is to repaint the front bar again as the paint is slowly failing. Must have been something my mate didnt remove when he did it all.
rancidpunx
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:02 pm

grill looks good but how has it affected cooling. I did have an aftermarket grill that looked the same on the wizard which was just bolted over the front of the original. When the fan started to fail it would overheat quite badly at low speeds (skifield roads) even with the heater on full. Took the grill off and the heater kept the temp in check just. Real fault was the fan but the grill certainly made it worse.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby rancidpunx » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Haven't noticed any difference and I have been looking for an over heating issue. Plenty of flow I hope, I think spotties would be far worse.
rancidpunx
Isuzu Baby

Previous

Return to Members Rigs