• Advertisement

Holden captiva problem

Getting to know one another, and general Chit chat about anything and everything

Holden captiva problem

Postby geeves » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:19 pm

In the bar as its not isuzu
What are your thoughts on the following saga
2007(i think) holden captiva diesel
This is a car at work and not one Ive had anything to do with and I would never touch it with a barge pole.
Since new its had ongoing problems with flat batteries. Its spent more time in the garage than on the road. Its under a lease settup but somehow we still end up with the costs. Comes time to sell it and the lease co wont accept it back untill the flat battery problem is fixed.
Its spent the last 2 months at the local Holden dealer. They now say its fixed but not a warrentee problem as the cause was that whoever fitted the towbar had clipped into the tail light wires (just like any normal car) instead of wiring off a separate connection on the computer and this had fried the computer wiring loom and a dozen other things. Cost to fix $7k
We would of been better having it fall off the ferry in the middle of Cook Strait.
What are your thoughts on this diagnosis.
options are
Likely It happens all the time
possible
unlikely
Dont believe it
or my favorite form of fertiliser?
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Holden captiva problem

Postby isuzurob » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:52 am

yes they do toast ecu if you tap into the tail light wiring, they run CAN Bus, whoever fitted the towbar should pay for the repairs
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Re: Holden captiva problem

Postby topgun94 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:24 am

I would be removing the tow bar and associated wiring and taking to another holden dealer.
Or chase down who did the wiring for the tow bar.
topgun94
Isuzu Senior

City: BRISBANE
Vehicle: 1991 ISUZU MU. 4JB1T, Boosted, Intercooled, MIG front locker, Rear LSD, Reduction Gears, Stock Height but 33" muds

Return to The Bar