• Advertisement

Anyone from Palmerston North NZ??

Getting to know one another, and general Chit chat about anything and everything

Anyone from Palmerston North NZ??

Postby stifilz » Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 am

Hey guys new here. In desperate need of a hand trying to figure out why my speedo is not working on my UBS69 B'Horn....

Have tested VSS and seems to be busted
Also speedo its self may be no good.
On top of that not 100% on the wiring.

Pretty much need a hand and would be willing to shout the beers to anyone that could give and hand and possibly test my equipment on their RIG.

Thanks guys

Stevo
stifilz
Isuzu Baby

City: Palmerston North
Vehicle: Bighorn

Re: Anyone from Palmerston North NZ??

Postby geeves » Fri May 30, 2014 2:12 pm

electronic speedo works sometimes other times not If auto auto plays up in time with the speedo?
my money on the sensor but its not particularly cheap. My Wizard one cost 500 new
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby stifilz » Fri May 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Thanks for the reply again geeves. Speedo does not work at all. I have ordered a VSS of ebay for $10... Will give that a go. Just need it to work to get a WOF. Do you know if this test works http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Mopar ... 06_vss.gif

Thanks again for your quick replies
stifilz
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Fri May 30, 2014 3:52 pm

from what I have seen it should work but what you see on the meter will be something akin to mystic chanting. I think it delivers a square wave pulse so it will be volts no volts volts. There are a few different vss modules so hope your getting the right one. When the wizard failed I did get one out of a bighorn at picapart but the wiring didnt match. It would work fine first thing on a drive then about 10 minutes later it would wander up and down then the auto would start changing to suit itself to the point it was undrivable if the needle was below 80kph. I couldnt work out why everyone else was driving so slow untill I turned the gps on, 80 was 120. Not sure mot would of believed that story but it was true.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby stifilz » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:12 am

geeves wrote:from what I have seen it should work but what you see on the meter will be something akin to mystic chanting. I think it delivers a square wave pulse so it will be volts no volts volts.

Not getting that sort of result. I get a constant voltage no matter how it is wired. Do you know the correct wiring for a '92.

Is it

(Top of VSS sensor upwards)
12V SENSOR GND

OR

12V GND SENSOR

Also no matter how I wire it I get a TCM code of 24 (VSS)

Thanks again.

BTW I have sorted most of the wiring (is now drivable). I have the 4WD light working, 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears working (assuming I have no OD as requires speedo??)
stifilz
Isuzu Baby

Return to The Bar