• Advertisement

Temperature Gauge Sender Holden Rodeo KBD47

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Temperature Gauge Sender Holden Rodeo KBD47

Postby eags77 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:39 pm

OK Gentlemen (or any ladies here with more knowledge than me) I have just inherited my fathers old 1986 Holden Rodeo Ute. The temperature gauge is flatlining and refuses to move. I have just fixed the handbrake but this has me stumped. An electrician told me that the sender will be a large unit and he quite frankly had no idea where to start looking for it! There are what looks like two senders on/near the thermostat housing but I have no clue what they do or if they are even related to the gauge. My late father has a pit if I need to park it over to access the bottom of the engine if needed. Anyone here got any clues for me please???
eags77
Isuzu Baby

City: Adelaide
Vehicle: Holden Rodeo 1986 KBD47 Diesel Cab Chassis

Re: Temperature Gauge Sender Holden Rodeo KBD47

Postby geeves » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:02 pm

what engine do you have? If its the 2.8 diesel there are 3 senders on the thermostat housing and the one you want is on the bottom right of the lower part of the housing. Not easy to see or get to. Are you sure the thermostat is working. These engines run very cold with a jammed thermostat
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby eags77 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:23 pm

I will attach a photo.Not sure if its 2.8. Two are very easy to see, I guess the one I havent found is the one I need to find... Is there a way to check the thermostat after a bit of a drive without taking it out?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eags77
Isuzu Baby

Postby eags77 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:23 pm

BTW, I really appreciate the quick response!
eags77
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:23 pm

on top there are usually 2 although Holden didnt always fit one of them. The bottom one is the sender. Try th wire disconnected or earthed to check the gauge
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Electrical